How Can a person start a business?
Topic: Business research articles in journals
July 23, 2019 / By Eryn Question:
Suppose that a person has "not so good" credit. And no capital at all. How does a person go about getting the finances (if he has no one to turn to) to start either an online business OR a real world business? I want to start a hobby store (action figures and plastic models) but I have NO IDEA where to start OR where to turn. Can anyone assist?
Best Answers: How Can a person start a business?
Clarabelle | 4 days ago
The best routes to take are to research the process of starting a business as well as the industry you're interested in.
I recommend checking out the SBA, Entrepreneur, The Start Up Journal & Nolo. All 4 are great informational resources for the new/small business owner. I posted links for you in the source box.
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.
Research, research, research – this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:
* Start and Run a Profitable Retail Business by Jim Dion, Ted Topping
* Retail Business Kit for Dummies by Rick Segel
* Specialty Shop Retailing: How to Run Your Own Store Revised by Carol L. Schroeder
* So You Want To Own The Store: Secrets to Running a Successful Retail Operation by Mort Brown
* Free Money for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs by Laurie Blum
* Finding Money: The Small Business Guide to Financing (Small Business Series) by Kate Lister, Tom Harnish
* Financing Your Business Dreams With Other People's Money: How and Where to Find Money for Start-Up and Growing Businesses by Harold R. Lacy
* No Cash No Fear: Entrepreneurial Secrets to Starting Any Business with No Money by Terry Allen
* Starting on a Shoestring: Building a Business Without a Bankroll by Arnold S. Goldstein
There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.
Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!
👍 256 | 👎 4
Did you like the answer? How Can a person start a business?
Share with your friends
We found more questions related to the topic: Business research articles in journals
Originally Answered: A person graduates from a college with a degree in business. He wants to start his own business.How?
It all depends on how much of his own money he has to put into it. If it's a brand new startup business, he'll be lucky to find a bank that will lend 50% (i.e match his investment dollar for dollar). If, however, it's an existing business with a proven track record he may be able to get by with as little as 10% of his own money by utilizing an SBA program. It may also help if he qualifies as a minority. Either way, he'll need a well written, realistic busniness plan to present to the bank. And if the bank won't help, there's always venture capital - but you're giving up more down the road in exchange for greater risk being assumed now.
if you have a big capital to start your business, go for the internet business which requires less of your time and the one that will not make you feel headache with web designing, or which require IT knowledge. Second, choose the internet based company which offer you the opportunity and at the same time giving you the convenience to start the business. Third, choose the business, which does not require big money to start it.
All the above is only available from: http://www.website.ws/powercontrol
Honestly, I tried so many opportunities offered through the internet and this is the only one that really works. Another one advantage of being in the internet business is you can get rid from the Income Tax.
PLEASE NOTE: You only will understand the whole marketing concept if you read every details & the trial period is FREE!
COMPANY NAME: Global Domains International Inc
LOCATION: CA, USA
CORPORATE INFORMATION : Login here: http://www.freedom.ws/powercontrol
Remember, You CAN'T guarantee whether you will get many fish or not by spreading your net into the sea, but u CAN guarantee that there is no fish at all if you never spread your net into the sea.
👍 110 | 👎 3
The first thing to remember is that the #1 source of failure of small businesses is lack of capital. If you do not have sufficient resources, your main courses of action should be to:
1. downscale your plans - start small and slow
2. be more aggressive and creative in finding investors
3. postpone your entrepreneurial dreams until you get the money you need
You can definitely start your business with no money -- but it will not be easy. But if you're willing to work hard, and be creative and willing to learn, you can surely do it. In your case, a cheaper way to start would be to sell online -- you'll have lesser overhead as your web hosting fees will be much cheaper than a store lease.
With poor credit, getting a low-cost loan from the Small Business Administration will not be an option. In SBA's document "CREDIT FACTORS A POTENTIAL BORROWER SHOULD KNOW" http://www.sba.gov/financing/preparation... you can qualify for an SBA loan if you have equity investment and collateral -- which both means money. SBA wants to see that you yourself is invested in your business, so they want to make sure that you have money in your business as well. Without money, then you cannot be approved.
Here are some articles that can give you ideas of what to do when you want to start a business yet you do not have capital:
Starting a Business with Little Cash? http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol30/nocash...
10 Rules for Starting A Business on a Shoestring Budget http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol70/shoest...
No Money? No Problem! http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4621,288954,00.html
Seth Godin's Bootstrapper Bible http://www.changethis.com/8.BootstrappersBible
How to Start a Business With No Money http://www.smbtrendwire.com/start-business-no-money/
I suggest you read the following books as well. Borrow them from your library or buy them from your favorite bookstore
- No Cash, No Fear: Entrepreneurial Secrets to Starting Any Business with No Money by Terry Allen
- Starting on a Shoestring: Building a Business Without a Bankroll by Arnold S. Goldstein
- The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything by Guy Kawasaki
It may help you if you could talk with a small business expert or free mentors to give you ideas on how to make your dream of starting a business come true even without money. Here are some places where you can find a mentor:
- Government Mentoring Programs such as SBDCs, which works with community colleges and local business development councils to offer mentoring programs http://www.sba.gov/sbdc/sbdcnear.html ; or the Women's Network for Entrepreneurial Training http://www.sba.gov/womeninbusiness/wnet_roundtables.html
- Volunteer programs such as SCORE http://www.score.org which is composed of mostly retired executives and entrepreneurs
- Formal mentoring programs such as Athena Foundation http://www.athenafoundation.org/programs/globallinks.html , Helzberg Entrepreneurial Mentoring Program http://www.helzbergmentoring.org/HEMP/ , or The Aspen Institute MicroMentor Program http://www.micromentor.org
- Professional organizations such as the National Women’s Business Council http://www.nwbc.gov/Mentoring/programs.html
- Industry and trade associations
- Local business groups, such as the chamber of commerce
- Local chapters of business groups
👍 107 | 👎 2
The organization SCORE might be a place to start. It's a national organization made up of retired business professionals. They meet with people and give them business advice and help them formulate business plans. It's free.
👍 104 | 👎 1
go here if you are serious and want to learn only if you really want to earn
really importang GO HERE
My name is Elba and I am writing you this from my home.
The reason for this answer is that you and I share something in common...
At some point in our lives many of us have contemplated or tried to start a home business.
Don't worry. I'm not trying to sell you anything.�
I just want to ask you a simple question?
"If I helped you start a part-time business from your home and in two years you retired...
Would you send me a Thank You card?"
If your answer is "Yes" then please click on the link below and take a look at my business plan.
Go to my Site
I hope you will at least take the next step and look at our free information.
There is absolutely no obligation for this information.
Thank you for your time,
MORE INFO FOR YOU TO LEARN
👍 101 | 👎 0