Renewal of vehicle registration?

Renewal of vehicle registration? Topic: California case status
July 19, 2019 / By Ciera
Question: My registration will expire soon and I recieved a letter of vehicle renewal from DMV (a $618 fees for renewing my vehicle registration)but I dont have the money because I just got laid-off this month. Can I make an arrangement to the DMV and ask them for monthly payments of my vehicle registration?
Best Answer

Best Answers: Renewal of vehicle registration?

Azalea Azalea | 1 day ago
Unfortunately the DMV's don't really take payments...you can pay the fees in stints but the only benefit you receive is a temp tag...the red sticker in the window. Here in california {it's different elsewhere obviously} we aren't allowed to get a temp tag unless all the fees are paid. Essentially you become 'illegal' in your vehicles status (unable to pay fees, expired reg.) your car can be towed by the city in most cases unless it's on private property!! Not to mention the random annoyed cop having a bad day making yours worse. Try going to DMV and getting a temp tag while paying something (you have to, prob 1/3 at least, less if they're nice)..then you're legal for however long it is.
👍 190 | 👎 1
Did you like the answer? Renewal of vehicle registration? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: California case status

Azalea Originally Answered: What exactly happens to your vehicle when the police ends up seizing your vehicle?
Terminology may vary by state, but in my area we have 'storage' tows and 'impound' tows. Typically, vehicles that are towed after an accident or as the result of an arrest (such as drunk driving) where the vehicle is not considered 'evidence' result in 'storage' tows. This category can also include tows for things like blocking a fire lane, blocking a driveway, and blocking the roadway. In many departments, the procedure to recover a vehicle that has been 'stored' would include getting a release form from the Police Department (that may or may not include an administrative fee) and then paying the tow and storage fees to the tow company. Vehicles that are towed that need to be held for some reason are 'impounded'. This would include any vehicle that needs to be held for evidence in a criminal investigation, as well as vehicles that are towed as a result of certain vehicle code violations (driving on a suspended license, driving with expired registration over 6 months, multiple unpaid parking citations, etc). Impounded vehicles can be held indefinitely (in the case of criminal investigations) as long as there is reasonable justification. There are also certain vehicle code sections that permit impounding a vehicle for 30 days. 30 day impounds are generally NOT released in less than 30 days (although sometimes exceptions are made). In order to recover an impounded vehicle, you would have to correct the problem (if it was correctable - such as expired registration) and provide proof of correction, pay any administrative fees at the Police Department, and then pay any applicable tow and store fees to the tow company. In the case of 30 day holds, these storage fees will be considerable. In the case of impounds for evidence, you may avoid most of the tow company storage fees if the department chooses to store the vehicle on department property; however, some departments also charge additional fees for this as well. There is a third category, using a term you mentioned: Seizure. Seizures generally occur in drug related arrests. If your vehicle has truly been 'seized', you will not get it back without convincing a Judge that it should not have been seized.
Azalea Originally Answered: What exactly happens to your vehicle when the police ends up seizing your vehicle?
Typically it is impounded. You can get it back when you pay the fine. Now if it was used in a crime, no, you don't get it back quite so quickly or easily. If that is the case it could take months to receive your vehicle, if you do at all. It is not like on the t.v. crime shows, it just does not happen that rapidly.

Abilene Abilene
Taf187 is wrong. You can't put a car into NON OP unless all registration fees are current. The DMV won't give you stickers for partial payment. You can make weekly payments, but you won't be able to drive the car until it's paid in full. I feel your pain.
👍 80 | 👎 -3

Sweeney Sweeney
the only thing you can do is register your vehi for NON OP but than you can't drive it .. the state taking payments are you kidding ..
👍 80 | 👎 -7

Sweeney Originally Answered: Vow renewal on a cruise ship?
My sister got married in April. We spent a lot of time looking at that. One thing that bothered me was that no one would give any info on the pictures--how many would you get, how expensive is it. I've been on cruise ships before and a regular picture of you at dinner is $20 so if I wanted 200 pictures of my ceremony, that's doubling the price of the wedding. How many people will be attending? For a small number the bride and groom package was fairly cheap but it's roughly $25 for each additional person over the number they tell you so you need to be certain. One of the things about Royal Caribbean that I didn't like was the fact that the price is all over the board. On these ships, an extra couple hundred. During these months, an extra couple hundred. That brochure was simply swimming with information. What we decided to do for my sister was get married on St Thomas. That was the simplest and the cheapest. St Thomas was one of the few places you can do it same day--places like San Juan required the paperwork the day before and few cruises spend the night in a port of call. We went with IslandWeddingServices.com and were thrilled. The website is simple and self-explanatory. We filled out the paperwork. She responded to all emails promptly. Basically, she made it hassle free. We took a cab to the beach that we selected. The minister was there. The words of the ceremony are online. If we ended up with 2 more people or 2 less people, the price didn't change. She also had several restaurants suggested. I do wish we had all gone to a restaurant afterwards and had a reception lunch. There are several cake bakers on the island who would have delivered it to the place for the same price as in the US (about $300). As I was the only one in my family who had been to St Thomas before, as soon as the wedding was over everyone else wanted to go out and about (and the bride and groom went shopping for wedding bands as St Thomas is the best place for that). Do not order a cake from the cruise ship. We did that and it was terrible. Seriously words can't describe. Let's just say it had birthday candles and huge frosting cherries. Nothing like what we ordered. Just the regular dessert on the ship is better. Just bring in champagne. We brought in a few bottles from Total Wine and even with the corkage fee it wasn't that expensive as the champagne on board. Write me if you want any more details. I was worried this was getting too long.

If you have your own answer to the question california case status, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.